- API FAQ
- General Information
- What is the GeoAdmin API ?
- Who can use the GeoAdmin API ?
- What is the license of the GeoAdmin API ?
- Are the GeoAdmin services running ?
- What are the technical restrictions of the GeoAdmin API ?
- How to use the GeoAdmin API in a CMS ?
- Is there a forum or a mailing list ?
- Which layers are available ?
- Which layers have a tooltip?
- Which layers are searchable?
- Which layers are queryable?
- How can I have access to the tiles ?
- Where is the source code ?
- I have difficulty to use map.geo.admin.ch, where can I get more help ?
- Can I use http://localhost to test my developments ?
- Where can I get information about OEREB/RDPPF Feature Service ?
- General Information
The GeoAdmin API allows the integration in web pages of geospatial information provided by the Swiss Confederation and Cantons.
The GeoAdmin API provides also API REST Services
The status of all GeoAdmin services and applications is available here: http://status.geo.admin.ch
The GeoAdmin API has been tested in the two last versions of the following browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari.
The GeoAdmin API does support mobile devices.
Yes, under http://groups.google.com/group/geoadmin-api Feel free to use it and ask all the questions you want.
Some layers can’t be freely used. These layers are accessible by the way of swisstopo web access - WMTS documentation
The list below includes the layers that require a swisstopo web acesss:
The following list contains all the free accessible layers:
Not all the layers have a tooltip. Below, you can find the complete list all the layers that have a tooltip:
A layer is searchable when its features can be searched. Below, you can find the complete list of all searchable layers:
A queryable layer is a layer you may filter out features on some attributes:
The parameters for the tiles are the following:
- Resolution (meters): 4000,3750,3500,3250,3000,2750,2500,2250,2000,1750,1500,1250,1000,750,650,500,250,100,50,20,10,5,2.5,2,1.5,1,0.5,0.25,0.1
- Maximum extent bounding box: 420000,30000,900000,350000
- Coordinate system: EPSG:21781
For practical information on how to use the tiles, see our description of the WMTS service.
The source code of the GeoAdmin API project can be found here: https://github.com/geoadmin/ol3
Can I use http://localhost to test my developments ?¶
These information can be found on the OEREB/RDPPF: Feature Service page.